Saturday, July 9, 2011

Knockin' it out!

What a busy week we had this week! As we wade through the paper work that will eventually become our dossier, our hearts become more and more excited about our future Wiginton(s). What began as an indelible unmistakeable word from God, and has since been confirmed over and over and over again is another step closer to becoming a reality. We applied for our passports, got the kids medical releases completed, our medical releases completed, and what seemed to be a million forms notarized! We also got our records from our local police department for the home study completed, and got fingerprinted for our Federal clearances. Oh, and I almost forgot... we finished our autobiographies and mailed them in for our home study! After thirty pages highlighting practically every aspect of my life I was especially excited to have it knocked out. I felt like I had given birth when I finally finished it :) Anywho, our "interrogation" style separate interviews ,which will last a minimum of 3 hours each, are scheduled for this coming Monday (Prayers are appreciated :). While I am a little nervous about what all the interviews will hold, I am so excited that this day is finally almost here. It means that we are one step closer to completing our home study, and one step closer to opening our hearts to all that God has set before us. 
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
- Millie
Nick signing the forms for our local police records.

Our lil angels at the police department.

They are sooo excited:)

Notary Public extraordinaire Miss Sonja Croone

Nick's fingerprints for Federal Clearance at the ABI Office

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Millie this just warms my heart! I'm so glad you're sharing with us every step along the way. Love you and your sweet family!
    -Lindsey Holt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to know your family! The children that are dreaming of you will be blessed beyond measure and the two that are with you now will forever have a story to tell and share. To open your heart and your home and your future is extraordinary, but not surprising if people know you at all. I believe you do it every day for every one! You are SPECIAL people! I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! What huge steps you have completed! Go God go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah. . just saw a new blog on YWAM's blog. . .had to come over!! We just brought our son home from Ethiopia. I will look forward to following your adventure :) And I will pray today for your homestudy interviews. . really.

    ReplyDelete