Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Difficult & The Divine

  For the first time in six months I am feeling like myself again. I have experienced a lot in my life time. Some of those experiences have been absolutely wonderful, and amazingly beautiful... while some of them have been incredibly hard, and awfully dark... but never have I experienced anything like what the past 6 months has afforded me....the perfect marriage of the wonderful, the hard, the beautiful, the dark, & the EXTREMELY messy.
  When I reflect on all of this I can't help but think of the cross. The image of my Savior on the cross is seared into my mind...there He is...the sinless Savior beautifully broken for me....in the single most selfless, most holy act ever recorded in history. The cross~ full of: wonder, unimaginable hardship, pure incomparable beauty under the cover of pitch black darkness... and messy...we can't even begin to imagine how messy. And yet, this is the picture of hope, of new life, of redemption, and of relentless love. It's the scene that saved my life, that made a way for me to live in victory, and so I keep walking this path He set before me. Each passing day producing in me more faith, more perseverance, more mercy, more grace than the day before. Each day better acquainting me with the One that I love most.

~Millie


2 Peter 1:3
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I am sure you can relate :) Lots of laughter, lots of challenges...every bit of it Holy.

      Delete
  2. Love this. The honesty and the love. Why can't we have these talks in person? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meliski, one of these days we will have some talks in person. It just HAS to happen! I wish we "Y" people could just have our own little colony...or island..oh yes, definitely an island :)

      Delete