Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Thankful Heart...

   I just wanted to take a minute to update you all on our appointment yesterday. It went great! Our social worker came and looked our house over, interviewed the kiddos, and interviewed Nick and I again. It was our prayer that she would come into our home, and get a feel for what it would be like to be a member of our family. With Alex being his polite, kind, loving, insightful self (saying he couldn't wait to get our babies here so that he could show them love, teach them about Jesus, so they would have everything they need, and so they would be safe), and Ave being her spunky, sweet, silly self (singing karaoke at the top of her lungs up in her bedroom, and dancing around the house like a little dumplin' in her favorite costumes) I believe quite assuredly that she got to see who we are and what we're about. 
  We cannot thank you enough for all your prayers and encouraging words as you support us through this process. We literally felt "cloaked" in your prayers, covered in them. There was a Holy ease leading all the way up to, and then through the home study visit. I find myself continually amazed at the love we are surrounded by, genuinely astounded by the outpouring of it. So, from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you. 

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. Philippians 1:3

One step closer to our family being complete!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I would like to formally apologize to my high school english teachers, my mom, and anyone else who may be reading this blog that has a propensity towards editing. This is a collection of thoughts, and personal stories characterized by terrible grammar, poor punctuation, and an amazing amount of run-on sentences. So I leave you with my sincerest apologies ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment